A People’s Progressive Party/Civic (PPP/C) Region Six (East Berbice/Corentyne) councillor is insisting that the information provided about Orealla lacking the services of a doctor is accurate.Laddy Peneux, the PPP RDC Orealla representative, has been supplying the RDC with information which suggested that the Amerindian reservation has been without a regular doctor for more than a year, contradicting claims made by Director of Regional Health Services, Jevaughn Stephen, to the effect that a doctor had been sent to the community, which is home to 1500 villagers.When the RC met on Thursday, Chairman of the Regional Health Committee, Zamal Hussain, presented a committee report which recommended that Peneux should refrain from reporting inaccuracies to the RDC; failing which, disciplinaryPPP RDC Orealla representative Laddy Peneuxaction should be taken against him.Peneux had, in February, told the RDC that the doctor had been absent from the community since November. The Regional Health Committee was instructed to visit the community, during which the Orealla Village Councillors stated that the doctor had been living on the reservation over the past year, except for the period when his wife was pregnant and when he had to seek medical attention on the coastland.When the issue was raised on Thursday, the RDC was critical of the reports Laddy Peneux had been providing. This RDC had, for eleven months, been engaged in discussing this issue, and the information we were receiving was inaccurate, Councillor Shurla Scott said.Peneux, however, has maintained that there have been problems with the attendance of a doctor at Orealla; but according to the Director of Regional Health Services, the doctor at Orealla also serves the neighbouring community of Siparuta — situated five miles from Orealla and having a population of 300 persons.However, the Region Six Chairman has said he would ask the Captain of the reservation to provide a monthly report on the doctor’s activity.
1 N’Golo Kante in action for Leicester Leicester City midfielder N’Golo Kante has been ruled out of the club’s next two matches.The Frenchman has been in fine form for the Foxes this season after arriving from Caen for £5.6m last summer.He has played in a key role in helping his side become shock title contenders and has played in all 27 of their Premier League games so far this season.However, Claudio Ranieri will now have to do without the 24-year-old for their upcoming matches with West Brom and Watford after he injured his hamstring.“N’Golo Kante we will lose for the next two matches. I hope only two,” said Ranieri.“He suffered a light pain to his hamstring during all the season, now we want to give him a little rest.“So two matches and then he can restart.”
A WOMAN thought she was “going to die” when a man entered her bedroom and demanded she have sex with him, she has told a jury.The woman said on day two of the Central Criminal Court trial that she vomited on the ground and wet herself when the man demanded she take her clothes off and told her to “jump on the bed, we are going to have sex”.The 38-year-old man has pleaded not guilty to orally raping and sexually assaulting the woman in the house they shared in Donegal on October 30, 2010. The trial continues.COMMENTS ARE CLOSED ON THIS POST© 2011 donegaldaily.com, all Rights ReservedThe copying, republication or redistribution of donegaldaily.com Content, including by framing or similar means, is expressly prohibited by law.Follow us on www.twitter.com/donegaldailyFollow us on www.facebook.com/donegaldailySell anything on www.donegaldailyclassifieds.comWOMAN THOUGHT SHE WAS GOING TO DIE IN ATTACK was last modified: January 14th, 2012 by BrendaShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)
Boxing Day fixtures: All nine Premier League games live on talkSPORT England’s most successful clubs of the past decade, according to trophies won Sky Sports presenter apologises for remarks made during Neville’s racism discussion Every current Premier League club’s best kit from the past decade 1 The average first-team salaries at every Premier League club in 2019 Aston Villa midfielder Jack Grealish celebrates scoring for his club last season. But Grealish could yet join Spurs as it is reported Villa are set to give their player an improved contract which includes a release clause of just £30million. Liverpool news live: Klopp reveals when Minamino will play and issues injury update BIG PRESENTS UP TOP SORRY How Everton could look in January under Ancelotti with new signings predicted Did Mahrez just accidentally reveal Fernandinho is leaving Man City this summer? gameday cracker Tottenham Hotspur have been handed fresh hope they could sign Jack Grealish this season, according to The Sun.Spurs missed out on the Aston Villa midfielder this summer as they failed to conclude negotiations with the Championship side’s new owners. How the Premier League table could change after the Boxing Day fixtures whoops silverware It was thought Mauricio Pochettino could land the England Under-21 international on the cheap when the Villans had financial difficulty.New majority owners Nassef Sawiris and Wes Eden hiked up the reported £25million price tag and Tottenham refused to up their offer. Most Popular Premier League News smart causal possible standings What every Premier League club’s fans dream of this Christmas revealed latest
The HSE National Counselling Service has announced that it has drafted in an extra counsellor into Gaoth Dobhair in light of the Michael Ferry abuse scandal.The service for adults with a history of child abuse is available locally in Donegal to provide counselling and support to any adult who has experienced abuse in childhood.Since its establishment in 2000, the service in the North West has had approximately 200 referrals each year. The NCS also provides support and advice to parents, siblings and significant others who are affected by the disclosure of past abuse. In a statement the HSE said: “In response to the concerns and distress expressed following the Michael Ferry case, the HSE, through the NCS is providing additional counselling services in West Donegal, for adults with a history of childhood abuse.“From this week, Jim McGlynn, an experienced Counsellor / Therapist, will be available to see clients, every Thursday. He will be based in Derrybeg each Thursday in Dr Delapp’s GP offices. The National Counselling Service in Donegal hopes that this additional service will contribute significantly to addressing some of the needs of the local community at this difficult time.“The National Counselling Service in Donegal continues to provide outreach services for adults with a history of childhood abuse in Dungloe, Donegal Town and Buncrana, as well as at its main offices in 69 Ballyraine Road, Letterkenny. Jim McGlynn can be contacted directly on 086 7225153 or referral can be made through any G.P. in the area to our Head Office at 69 Ballyraine Road, Letterkenny (Ph: 074 9167250).”A number of men in the Gweedore area who claim they were sexually abused when they were boys have made statements to gardai. Some of the allegations date back to the early 1980s.Detectives are piecing together all the allegations and cross-checking claims against suspects in the case. They are also re-interviewing victims of convicted paedophile Michael Ferry, the school caretaker jailed for 14 years last month.The 56-year-old, who pleaded guilty to 38 sample charges, is to be interviewed again about his crimes and his association with a number of other suspects.Ferry’s imprisonment in July related to crimes committedFERRY ABUSE: EXTRA COUNSELLOR DRAFTED IN TO GAOTH DOBHAIR was last modified: September 2nd, 2011 by BrendaShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)
AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MOREBlues bury Kings early with four first-period goals Security guards blocked the front gate as about a dozen people stood outside in subfreezing weather and a nighttime fog. Four women argued loudly with the guards, demanding to be let in to look for missing relatives. “Why won’t you let us in?” one shouted. When the guards refused, the women shouted obscenities at the men. People who answered the phone at the mine office said they were too busy to give any information. The incident is a setback for Chinese officials struggling to improve safety in the coal mining industry. Most disasters are blamed on disregard of safety rules or lack of equipment for ventilation or fire control. Local officials often are accused of helping mine owners or managers flout safety rules. Beijing has unveiled one safety initiative after another in recent years. It has announced the creation of a national network of safety inspectors, stricter fire standards and shorter working hours for miners to prevent fatigue. QITAIHE, China – Anxious relatives demanded to be allowed into a coal mine Monday after an explosion killed at least 138 miners and left 11 others missing, adding to a soaring death toll in China’s mines despite a safety crackdown. The blast in the Dongfeng Coal Mine prompted national leaders to demand stricter enforcement of safety rules in China’s mining industry, by far the world’s deadliest, with more than 5,000 fatalities a year in fires, floods and other accidents. The disaster late Sunday came as the nearby city of Harbin was struggling to recover from a toxic spill in a river that forced the government to cut off water supplies for five days. Outside the Qitaihe mine in China’s northeast, a stream of emergency vehicles with flashing red lights and black government sedans made their way up and down the narrow, two-lane road to the mine entrance. Authorities say they have shut down more than 12,000 coal mines this year for safety inspections. Thousands have been ordered to improve their facilities and many others aren’t expected to reopen. The government said the explosion in Qitaihe was blamed on airborne coal dust that ignited. But there was no word on whether it was believed to involve misconduct or human error. Rescuers had found 74 miners alive by Monday, the official Xinhua News Agency said. It said 138 miners died in the explosion and a team of 269 rescuers was searching for 11 others, but gave no indication whether they were believed to be alive.160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set!
“Tahir’ … Five things we learned Thursday from a live stream press conference from the Grove Hotel in Watford, England, with the Raiders preparing for their Week 5 game against the Chicago Bears:Tahir Whitehead takes over defenseIt’s not as if defensive coordinator Paul Guenther is turning his defense over to a stranger.Tahir Whitehead, in his eighth NFL season and second with the Raiders, was the defensive signal caller in 2018 before Vontaze Burfict arrived to play in the middle.
The BJP finally rolled out its biggest star attraction, Bollywood dream girl Hema Malini, in its high-voltage MCD election campaign.The Mathura MP descended on the Capital early on Saturday morning and participated in a roadshow with Union minister for science and technology and earth sciences Harsh Vardhan, in his constituency Chandni Chowk.The veteran actor – smartly clad in a pink saree and sporting shades, with her staff holding up a big green umbrella – mounted an open vehicle with Harsh Vardhan.Inspite of the continuous rose petal showers and cheers from onlookers, she looked visibly uncomfortable in the 40 degree Celsius Delhi summer.The two covered 15 MCD wards including Model Town, Sadar Bazar, Ballimaran, Matiya Mahal and Chandni Chowk, with an entourage of more than 100 bikes and cars bearing the saffron flag in tow.’ONLY NATIONALIST PARTY IN INDIA’While the Padma Shri awardee preferred to escape the heat the moment it got over and left in her car, Harsh Vardhan said, “In 1990, when the BJP was created, we were called ‘communal.’ Now, people realise that we are not a sectarian or communal but the only ‘nationalist’ party in India.”The convoy carried posters of various BJP candidates in the MCD election from Chandni Chowk including Seema Gupta from Ward number 77N, Model Nagar, and Harishankar Babu from Ward number 76N, Sangam Park.On the Aam Aadmi Party, Harsh Vardhan said, “They deliberately choked municipal bodies of funds, which they lawfully deserved. In fact, the central government passes funds to the Delhi government, a part of which has to be furthered to MCDs, but the Delhi government didn’t do that.”advertisementOn Kejriwal, he said, “Delhiites will teach him a lesson just as he has been given a befitting response in the Rajouri Garden bypoll few days back.”We will selflessly serve Delhi if we come to power again. We will work on the lines of our Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s vision to make Delhi one of the finest capital cities of the world,” the minister added.ALSO WATCH | Delhi Dangal: 10 reasons why the MCD poll is important for voters
NASHVILLE— Mets infielder Wilmer Flores broke his left ankle last month when he was hit by a pitch playing winter ball in Venezuela.Mets assistant general manager John Ricco said Tuesday at the winter meetings that Flores does not need surgery and is expected to be ready for spring training.Flores was injured in his season debut with the Bravos de Margarita in his home country. He took several days off then returned to the lineup for three games before being shut down for the winter.The Mets originally thought the injury a bruise but learned Tuesday it was a nondisplaced fracture.Flores hit .263 with 16 homers and 59 RBIs in his first full season in the majors. He became a fan favorite at Citi Field after he was seen crying at his shortstop position when he thought he had been dealt to Milwaukee. TweetPinShare0 Shares