… action will be taken to rectify this – KingEven though a ban was placed on vendors to stop plying their trade in the vicinity of the Stabroek Market Square, persons have not been complying with this rule, especially at nights.Thisis according to Mayor of Georgetown, Patricia Chase Green, who was supported by Town Clerk Royston King on Monday at a statutory meeting held at City Hall.Town Clerk Royston KingKing asserted that strategic action will be taken against persons who have been continuously disobeying the order by the Mayor and City Council (M&CC).“We have observed that there is a creeping return of vendors, particularly in the nights, just at the Stabroek Market square, we are on to it and we are working out strategies to deal with that particular situation,” King said at the meeting.In April, the Mayor and City Council opted to have the entire Stabroek Square cleared of vendors, leading to their (vendors) relocation. Though, this decision displeased many, the M&CC upheld their pronouncement.The vendors were relocated to the vicinity now known as “The Parliament View Mall”, where tents and other water and washroom facilities were provided. This move, according to the Town Clerk, is temporary – for a period of three months – giving the Council time to set up a permanent location to facilitate the vendors.While the time allocated for occupation to the M&CC by the owner of the land, was only three months starting from April and concluding in the July, King mentioned in a previous meeting sometime last month, that there is an expectation of an extension of an additional three months to be given.However, after this announcement was made by King, Haresh Narine Sugrim, the owner of the plot of land, took to the media to make it clear that he has no intentions of granting the M&CC any extension to use the land after the initial three-month peroid expires.King has made no comment on the rebuttal made by Sugrim.
0Shares0000Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho was furious with his side’s sloppy defending as they made a host of mistakes that allowed Spurs to claim the joint second fastest goal in Premier League historyMANCHESTER, United Kingdom, Feb 3 – Jose Mourinho is following the example of Manchester United predecessor Sir Alex Ferguson by forging a plan to catch Manchester City next season.Mourinho has admitted defeat in the Premier League title race, with United an ominous 15 points behind City with just 13 games remaining. However, the United boss is already looking towards the 2018-19 campaign to overhaul Pep Guardiola’s side.He is taking a leaf out of Ferguson’s book after United were beaten to the Premier League title by Mourinho’s Chelsea in both 2005 and 2006, before going on to reclaim the championship themselves.“I always remember Sir Alex said in 2005-06, when we won the second title with Chelsea, that we [United] need to improve a lot because they’ve raised the bar to such a level,” said Mourinho.“They [Chelsea] won two titles in a row – the second title was easier than the first – and then the biggest manager in the Premier League said United needed to improve a lot.“That was the click for the improvement of the team. In 2006-07, United won the title back.“It has to be like that. “That’s why every match until the end of the season is an important match for us. It’s not just about the points and finishing in the top four, which is important.“We must try to finish second, try to play the best we can and improve the players individually the best we can and be the best possible team at the end of the season.“Then we must try to start next season in a good way, like we did this season, but try to be consistent and not to lose points like we did in some matches where we shouldn’t.”0Shares0000(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)