A final ruling on the case will be made by a judge.A spokesman for Neymar said he was not able to comment on the police decision. Sao Paulo police are due to hold a news conference on Tuesday.Neymar has vehemently denied allegations he raped a Brazilian woman in a Paris hotel in May.The ugly affair, which has dominated headlines and conversations in the soccer-mad country for weeks, overshadowed Brazil’s preparations for the Copa America.Hosts Brazil went on to win South America’s showcase tournament earlier this month without their biggest player, who was injured in a warm-up friendly before the opening match.The scandal blew up on June 2 when Neymar published a seven-minute video on Instagram, where he had first been in contact with Najila Trindade, revealing that he had been accused of rape.In an attempt to defend himself against the allegations, Neymar’s video was accompanied by WhatsApp messages and images of his encounter with Trindade — without her consent, possibly breaking Brazilian law.– Police questioning –The drama quickly snowballed. Extracts of a televised interview with Trindade, in which she accused Neymar of “aggression together with rape,” aired just one hour before he was about to enter the pitch for the pre-Copa game between Brazil and Qatar.Neymar tore his right ankle ligament in the 20th minute, ruling him out of the tournament.In the following weeks, Neymar was questioned by police over the WhatsApp messages.He also appeared before police in Sao Paulo, where Trindade had filed her complaint at the end of May.As the case dragged on, police filed a defamation suit against Trindade — who was dropped by multiple lawyers — after she insinuated the force was corrupt.“The police are bought, aren’t they? Or am I crazy?” she told television channel SBT last month in response to questions over the police investigation of an alleged theft of a tablet device from her home that contained a short video she claims has conclusive evidence she was assaulted.Despite the seriousness of the allegations, polls have shown that most Brazilians believe Neymar is innocent.Controversy has followed the Paris Saint-Germain player, who flew back to France earlier this month.Neymar, who joined PSG in 2017, has made clear he wants to return to Barcelona.He has yet to feature during PSG’s pre-season tour in Asia and French media reported he will miss Tuesday’s game against Sydney in China.0Shares0000(Visited 2 times, 1 visits today) 0Shares0000Police in Brazil probing rape allegations against football superstar Neymar, pictured April 21, 2019, have closed the case due to a lack of evidence, the Sao Paulo attorney general’s office says © AFP/File / Anne-Christine POUJOULATSAO PAULO, Brazil, Jul 30 – Police in Brazil probing rape allegations against football superstar Neymar have closed the case due to a lack of evidence, the Sao Paulo attorney general’s office said Monday.The police decision will be sent to prosecutors on Tuesday, who will have 15 days to evaluate the case, a spokeswoman for the attorney general’s office told AFP.
Ursula Donnelly of Donegal Local Enterprise Office cuts the ribbon to declare Portsalon Luxury Camping officially open on Monday evening as owners Sean Coll and Helen Haworth look on with Board Members and staff from Donegal Local Development Company, staff from Donegal Local Enterprise Office and Donegal County Council and other invited guests.A development of a magnificent luxury camp site has opened up on a hillside overlooking Portsalon.Donegal’s first Yurt site, Portsalon Luxury Camping, was officially opened last night.The development has been described this week as an excellent example of how LEADER funding for rural tourism initiatives can improve and benefit the local area. The comments came from Patrick Sweeney, Treasurer and Board Director of Donegal Local Development Company (DLDC).Patrick Sweeney, Treasurer and Board Director of Donegal Local Development Company (DLDC) speaking at the official opening of Portsalon Luxury Camping on Monday.“This really is a unique project and DLDC through the Leader Programme is delighted to support the development of local rural businesses which significantly bolster tourism infrastructure, generate economic activity and create employment in rural areas.”“Through various Leader Programmes, Donegal Local Development Company has so far provided in excess of €23M to some 725 projects in Donegal. Along with matched funding by project promoters, a total of over €55M has been invested in rural development projects by DLDC in Donegal,” he said.Funding of €141,481.66 was provided for the project by Donegal Local Development Company Ltd through the ‘Encouragement of Tourism Activities’ measure of the Rural Development Programme (LEADER) 2007 – 2013. However Monday’s launch heard that the project really came to fruition through the sheer determination and persistence of owners Sean Coll and Helen Haworth, who never gave up on their dream.In their address to invited guests, Helen and Sean outlined – not only how they had built and lived in a yurt for eight months while they renovated their farmhouse – but how they had successfully secured inter-agency support for their project, by continually seeking solutions to any of the obstacles thrown in their way.“The thing that stands out most is that over five years in that vision, is that not once did you hear them whinge or cry or bemoan the lack of effort coming from anybody.That’s the bit that really stands to Sean and Helen. They just go at it, they stick at it, they keep going and nothing gets in the way,” said Gerry Moan of the Discovery Zone Programme where Helen had finalised the business plan for the project.He added: “If every entrepreneur that I work with had this energy and this passion, by God this would be some country.” Michael Tunney, Head of Enterprise at Donegal Local Enterprise Office, insisted that the development of the superb tourism facility should be an example to lots of people in our county of what can be done with a bit of imagination, but also a willingness to learn and listen.“Helen, when she was part of the Discovery Programme, was always willing to be challenged and to take on board advice. It is an outstanding project and a superb example of what two individuals can do with determination and the right support from the likes of Donegal Local Development Company who helped fund the project but also the ongoing support from their community, their families and also from the likes of the Local Enterprise Office and DLDC.In their address Helen and Sean, who explained they have recently received their Quality Assurance through the Fáilte Ireland Welcome Standard, said that following a hugely successful first year in business, they are looking forward to an even better season this year.They went on to thank all those who had supported them and in particular the DLDC Board for the Capital funding , project Officer Sinead Mc Laughlin, Leader Manager, Frank Kelly as well as LEO and their staff. “Last year we had a very successful first season and this year we are expecting to more than double our 2014 bookings and we are seeing bookings come in from America, Canada, Australia, Germany, world wide.We are sure that the Wild Atlantic Way is going to be a really big boost for us and for the area and we just really want to think everyone who has helped us in any way to get this far.”Before Ursula Donnelly of Donegal Local Enterprise Office cut the ribbon to declare the site officially opened, Patrick Sweeney of DLDC once again congratulated Helen and Sean on their foresight and determination to develop Portsalon Luxury Camping.“While we acknowledge the importance of the LEADER grant, we must also acknowledge the commitment and input from Sean and Helen who provided matched funding of some €60K to ensure the project was delivered to the outstanding specification we witnessed here today. This project really is an excellent example of how LEADER funding for rural tourism initiatives can improve and benefit the local area,” he concluded.EndsCaptions1Ursula Donnelly of Donegal Local Enterprise Office cuts the ribbon to declare Portsalon Luxury Camping officially open on Monday evening as owners Sean Coll and Helen Haworth look on with Board Members and staff from Donegal Local Development Company, staff from Donegal Local Enterprise Office and Donegal County Council and other invited guests.2Sean Coll and Helen Haworth of Portsalon Luxury Camping speaking at the official opening of their fantastic new tourism destination on Monday evening.3Invited guests listen to Michael Tunney of Donegal Local Enterprise Office during his address at the official opening of Portsalon Luxury Camping on Monday evening.4Patrick Sweeney, Treasurer and Board Director of Donegal Local Development Company (DLDC) speaking at the official opening of Portsalon Luxury Camping on Monday.LUXURY CAMPING SITE OPENED UP OVERLOOKING PORTSALON was last modified: June 23rd, 2015 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)Tags:donegalluxury campsitePortsalonYurt