A serial underwear thief was sentenced to nearly six months in jail Monday for breaching Singapore’s strict coronavirus lockdown to sneak into a backyard and steal women’s lingerie. Lee Chee Kin was on bail on similar charges when he snuck out of home last month and climbed into a backyard on the hunt for more underwear. The 39-year-old had stolen underwear from homes on at least 30 occasions since 2018, according to court documents, and police found more than 100 bras during a raid on his home last year. He admitted last month to breaking lockdown rules by leaving his residence without good reason, and failing to wear a mask outside. He also pleaded guilty to theft and criminal trespass, and was sentenced to 23 weeks in jail.Lee’s lawyer told the court that the former part-time actor was a “late bloomer”.A prosecutor previously told the court that Lee “would select bras and panties to steal based on their appearance”, and that he used them “for his own sexual gratification.” Singapore authorities imposed a partial lockdown in early April, with schools and most workplaces told to close, and people only allowed to leave home for essential purposes. Topics :
Loading… “We had the same debate in relation to (Roman) Abramovich and Chelsea. I think it’s right that we welcome engagement, investment into football in this country. “Everyone’s pleased to see the Premier League back up and running, and also that there are legal safeguards to make sure it’s done the proper way. “This country is an open, outward-looking country. We’ve got investment from all around the world, but we do need safeguards in place. “We’ve seen that in relation to 5G, takeovers that national security and other questions of propriety are properly scrutinised. “We’ve got the due process and laws in place to do that. We have to trust the institutions we’ve got to deliver that.” News of an imminent resolution will come as a relief to all involved at Newcastle, including manager Steve Bruce, who has had to keep his staff and players focused on the restart of the Premier League. He said: “I am only reading from afar but yeah you can feel for everybody concerned. For me, I can’t influence it. I can’t comment on it. Steve Bruce is set to receive an injection of cash Read Also: Liverpool look for Man City favours after derby deadlock “I am glad about that because I can’t be sitting here telling you anything different. All I can influence is, let’s not make it an excuse on the playing angle. “It is what it is. We are paid to perform on a Saturday or Sunday. My staff have to ignore stuff that’s speculation and get on with the job in hand.” FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Back in April, Newcastle owner Mike Ashley agreed to sell the club to a Saudi-led consortium. The deal has since come under heavy scrutiny with government officials, human rights groups and BeIN Sports all calling for it to not be approved. With mounting opposition to the deal, concern was growing on Tyneside that the Premier League may decide to rule against the takeover. However, the Daily Mail are reporting the Premier League is gearing up to make an announcement, which could come this week. It is claimed the decisive factor could be the involvement of the UK government who want to strengthen their relationship with the Saudis. Last week, Foreign Secretary Dominic Raab appeared to give his backing to the deal going ahead, saying: “There’s a proper process that we’ve got in place to look at everything from the competition aspects to other questions of propriety. New owners are incoming at Newcastle “I think it’s right that that legal due process, with all its safeguards that it’s got in place, is followed. “We have this debate about takeovers in this country, and I think we should follow the rule of law. The Premier League are reportedly on the verge of giving the green light to Newcastle for their proposed £300million takeover to go ahead.
AddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to FacebookFacebookShare to TwitterTwitterShare to MoreAddThisLearning history about shipwrecks in Lake Huron is always essential, and learning about the Monohansett was indeed a unique story.On November 23, 1907, the ship burned to the water’s edge at Thunder Bay Island. Most of the crew lost their personal belongings and some suffered minor burns, but there was no loss of life because the ship was near the island’s Life Saving Station. Today, the Monohansett’s wreck lies in three sections.Media and Volunteer Coordinator, Stephanie Gandulla was back inside of the WBKB News studios to provide more facts on the shipwreck and how you could actually take a tour of it.AddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to FacebookFacebookShare to TwitterTwitterShare to MoreAddThisContinue ReadingPrevious Seniors Need to Continue to Get VaccinationsNext Alpena Township Fire Department’s Chief Provides Update on El Cajon Beach Road Fire