9 Gowrie St, BrendaleIf you snooze, you’ll lose in these suburbs where properties sell quicker than most buyers can get a chance to see them.There are 26 suburbs within the greater Brisbane region, where houses or units sell within 20 days or less of hitting the market.The fastest seller in the house market was Brendale, about 17km from the CBD, where a house could sell on average within just nine days.Only 13 houses changed hands in the small northside suburb in the past 12 months, according to CoreLogic.And with little on offer and a reasonably affordable median house price of just $465,000 it’s not hard to see why.There are only two houses listed for sale in Brendale on realestate.com.au.One is a three-bedroom home at 8 Doonside Parade which is listed for offers of more than $425,000. The other one is a five-bedroom home at 9 Gowrie St, listed for $525,000.Donna Roughan of Pine Rivers Property Services – Strathpine said while Brendale was better known for commercial activity, the pocket of residential homes had started to attract the same “kudos’’ as nearby suburbs such as Eatons Hill. Ms Roughan was marketing 9 Gowrie St, after having sold it to the current owners a few years ago.More from newsNew apartments released at idyllic retirement community Samford Grove Presented by Parks and wildlife the new lust-haves post coronavirus19 hours agoShe said the market value of the property had increased substantially since then and believed that Brendale had become more popular because it was closer to up-market suburbs in the area such as Albany Creek and Eatons Hill.Ms Roughan said those areas had experienced an increase in amenity and infrastructure in recent years which also made it a more desirable location.“I just think people are coming five minutes further out and finding Brendale is a nice place to live.”9 Gowrie St, Brendale, one of only two houses listed for sale in the suburb.She said in the past quarter buyers had begun commenting on how quickly homes were selling in the area and that no sooner had they come on the market than they were under contract.The fastest selling unit market within the greater Brisbane area was Wishart on the southside, about 16km from the CBD, where units sold on average after 11 days on the market. The median unit price was $440,000 and there are no units listed for sale on realestate.com.au at the moment.The only other suburb where units sold in such a short period was Boondall with a median unit price of $416,000 and an average 20 days before a buyer was found.BRISBANE’S FASTEST SELLERS:BRENDALE (House) – 9 daysWISHART (Unit) – 11 daysFERNY HILLS (H) – 14 daysCARINA (H) – 14 daysCHAPEL HILL (H) – 15 daysJINDALEE (H) – 16 daysCHERMSIDE WEST (H) – 16 daysGEEBUNG (H) – 16 daysARANA HILLS (H) -16 daysSTRATHPINE (H) – 16 daysSALISBURY (H) – 17 daysMOOROOKA (H) – 18 daysALBANY CREEK (H) – 18 daysBRAY PARK (H) – 18 daysGRIFFIN (H) – 18 daysMANSFIELD (H) – 19 daysSTAFFORD (H) – 19 daysTINGALPA (H) – 19 daysMARBURG (H) – 19 daysPINE MOUNTAIN (H) – 19 daysKALLANGUR (H) – 19 daysPETRIE (H) – 20 daysBOONDALL (U) – 20 daysCARINA HEIGHTS (H) – 20 daysKEPERRA (H) – 20 daysROCHEDALE SOUTH (H) – 20 daysSource: CoreLogic
The number of coronavirus cases worldwide topped six million Sunday, with Brazil registering another record surge in daily infections as divisions deepened on how to deal with the pandemic.Latin American countries are bracing for difficult weeks ahead as the disease spreads rapidly across the region, even as much of the world exits lockdowns that have wrecked economies and stripped millions of their jobs. In Brazil — the epicenter of South America’s outbreak with nearly 500,000 confirmed cases, lagging only behind the United States — disagreement among leaders over lockdown measures has hampered efforts to slow the virus as the number of fatalities in the country nears 30,000. President Jair Bolsonaro, who fears the economic fallout from stay-at-home measures will be worse than the virus, has berated governors and mayors for imposing what he calls “the tyranny of total quarantine”. As the global death toll from the pandemic surpassed 368,000, US President Donald Trump’s decision to permanently cut funding to the World Health Organization has been broadly criticised.The number of confirmed cases worldwide is more than six million, according to an AFP tally.”Now is the time for enhanced cooperation and common solutions,” the European Union said in a statement, adding: “Actions that weaken international results must be avoided.” Topics : Trump initially suspended funding to the WHO last month, accusing it of not doing enough to curb the early spread of the virus and being too lenient with China, where COVID-19 emerged late last year.On Friday he moved to make that decision permanent in a major blow to the agency. The US is the WHO’s biggest contributor, supplying $400 million last year.German Health Minister Jens Spahn said the “disappointing” decision was a setback for global health, while Chancellor Angela Merkel declined to attend an in-person G7 summit that Trump had suggested he would host.Richard Horton, editor of The Lancet medical journal, said it was “madness and terrifying both at the same time”.Lockdowns easeAs the virus progresses at different speeds around the globe, there has been pressure in many countries to lift crippling lockdowns, despite experts’ warnings of a possible second wave of infections.In Britain, which is set to begin lifting its lockdown on Monday, senior advisors to the government warned that it was moving too quickly. “COVID-19 spreading too fast to lift lockdown in England,” tweeted Jeremy Farrar, a member of the government’s Scientific Advisory Group for Emergencies. India said Saturday it would begin relaxing the world’s biggest lockdown in stages from early June, even as it marked another record daily rise in infections.Iran meanwhile announced that collective prayers would resume in mosques, despite infections ticking back upwards in the Middle East’s hardest-hit country.Jerusalem’s Al-Aqsa mosque compound — the third-holiest site in Islam after Mecca and Medina in Saudi Arabia — reopened to worshippers on Sunday. With infection numbers falling in many of Europe’s most affected countries, the push to restart economies was gaining steam.Italy’s Leaning Tower of Pisa reopened on Saturday, while in Paris, parks and the famed Galeries Lafayette department store flung open their doors.In Austria, hotels and cinemas were allowed to take in customers, provided they wear masks.”It is very important that things return to normal,” film buff Rotraud Turanitz said at Vienna’s historic Admiral Kino cinema on trendy Burggasse.Across the Atlantic, the US capital Washington resumed outdoor dining, while on the West Coast, restaurants and hair salons in Los Angeles reopened. New York City, the worst-hit American city with about 21,500 coronavirus deaths, is on track to begin reopening the week of June 8. The overall US death toll has topped 103,000 out of more than 1.7 million cases of the virus. Global sport has also started to rev back into action, with Austria announcing it will host Formula One’s delayed season-opener on July 5, and the NBA eyeing a July 31 return.Britain approved the return of domestic competitive sport on June 1 — with no fans present — while South Africa has given a provisional green light for training to resume.Economies shatteredBut the economic damage from weeks of lockdowns continues to pile up, with Chile and Peru securing credit lines worth billions from the IMF.India’s economy grew at its slowest pace in two decades in the first quarter, while Canada, Brazil, France and Italy also saw their GDP figures shrink ahead of an expected worldwide recession.As the virus hits the world’s poor particularly hard, Pope Francis called for a “more just and equitable society” in the post-coronavirus world and for people to act to “end the pandemic of poverty”.Even the animal world has not been left untouched by the pandemic.Gibraltar has banned tourists from touching the British enclave’s famous Barbary macaques over fears they could spread coronavirus.Singapore’s beloved otters meanwhile have been popping up in unexpected places during the city-state’s lockdown, but their increasingly daring antics have angered some and even sparked calls for a cull.”I simply don’t understand anyone who could not like them. They are really cute,” said 35-year-old Singaporean Pam Wong.
Metro Sport ReporterTuesday 15 Oct 2019 9:01 amShare this article via facebookShare this article via twitterShare this article via messengerShare this with Share this article via emailShare this article via flipboardCopy link129Shares Patrick Vieira won three Premier League titles with Arsene Wenger at Arsenal (Getty Images)More: FootballRio Ferdinand urges Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to drop Manchester United starChelsea defender Fikayo Tomori reveals why he made U-turn over transfer deadline day moveMikel Arteta rates Thomas Partey’s chances of making his Arsenal debut vs Man CityAdvertisementAdvertisementBut when asked by RMC Sport about potentially managing Arsenal in the future, Vieira says he would be keen to take the job: ‘Yes, like any player, when we do this job we want to touch the very highest level.‘But the very high level I can touch with Nice from the moment we give ourselves the means to succeed and from the moment the way which we work is quite consistent.‘But we do this job, and I do this job, to one day to be the coach of a team that participates in the Champions League.’More: Arsenal FCArsenal flop Denis Suarez delivers verdict on Thomas Partey and Lucas Torreira movesThomas Partey debut? Ian Wright picks his Arsenal starting XI vs Manchester CityArsene Wenger explains why Mikel Arteta is ‘lucky’ to be managing Arsenal Comment Advertisement Patrick Vieira says he would want to manage Arsenal one day (AFP/Getty Images)Patrick Vieira admits he would welcome the opportunity to manage Arsenal after Unai Emery.The 43-year-old, who won three Premier League titles as a player at Arsenal and captained the team for three years, is currently in his second season as manager of Nice.Vieira began his managerial career at New York City FC before making the move to Ligue 1, while he guided Nice to a seventh-placed finish in his first season at the club.The World Cup winner also held brief talks with Arsenal following Arsene Wenger’s departure last year but the Gunners opted to replace the Frenchman with Emery.ADVERTISEMENT Patrick Vieira targets Arsenal job after Unai Emery Advertisement
U.S. oil company Hess Corporation will spend about two thirds of its 2018 budget on Guyana asset and Bakken shale play. Hess on Wednesday announced that its E&P capital and exploratory budget for 2018 will be $2.1 billion, the same as 2017.The 2018 budget allocates increased capital for continuing exploration and development activities offshore Guyana and for the Bakken, which includes growing the rig count from four rigs to six rigs. These increases are offset by lower capital allocated to the Gulf of Mexico and Malaysia compared to 2017, the company explained.Also in line with this plan, Hess in October 2017 sold its assets offshore Equatorial Guinea for a total consideration of $650 million to raise cash for its offshore development project in Guyana.Hess Corporation CEO, John Hess, said: “We are allocating approximately two thirds of our 2018 budget to our transformative investment opportunity in Guyana that continues to get bigger and better and to our low cost position in the core of the Bakken, which together are expected to drive industry leading returns for Hess shareholders for many years to come.Hess also added: “Our 2018 budget is consistent with our strategy to grow our resource base in a capital disciplined manner, move down the cost curve so we are resilient in a low oil price environment, and be cash generative at a $50 per barrel Brent oil price post 2020.”Out of its $2.1 billion budget, $1.17 billion or 56 percent will be used for production; $555 million or 26 percent will be used for offshore developments, and $375 million or 18 percent will be used for exploration and appraisal activities.ProductionAccording to Hess, $900 million will be used primarily to increase from four rigs to six rigs by the end of 2018 and to drill approximately 120 new wells and to bring online approximately 95 new wells in the Bakken Shale in North Dakota. Funds are also included for non-operated wells and pad construction in preparation for 2018-2019 drilling.Furthermore, Hess allocated $175 million for production activities at North Malay Basin (Hess 50 percent and operator) and the Malaysia/Thailand Joint Development Area (Hess 50 percent) in the Gulf of Thailand.Finally, Hess allocated $95 million for production operations in the deepwater Gulf of Mexico, completion of five previously drilled wells in the Utica Shale in Ohio (Hess 50 percent and operator), production operations in Libya (Hess 8.16 percent), and production operations at the South Arne Field (Hess 61.5 percent and operator) in Denmark, where a sales process is underway that is expected to be completed in 2018.DevelopmentsWhen it comes to the developments part of business, Hess devoted $250 million for the Liza Phase 1 development offshore Guyana (Hess 30 percent), where development drilling is expected to start in the second quarter of 2018 with first production expected by 2020. The Liza development is operated by ExxonMobil. The final investment decision for the project was taken by both partners back in June 2017.Further in this section, Hess allocated $65 million for front end engineering and design work for future development phases and capitalized interest in Guyana.Also, $240 million for continued development of the Stampede Field in the deepwater Gulf of Mexico (Hess 25 percent and operator), which is on track to start up in the first quarter of 2018.Exploration & appraisalFor E&P part of business, Hess is putting aside $375 million to drill exploration and appraisal wells on the Stabroek Block offshore Guyana (Hess 30 percent), one exploration well on Block 42 in Suriname (Hess 33 percent) and one exploration well offshore Nova Scotia, Canada (Hess 50 percent).Funds are also included for seismic acquisition and processing and for license acquisitions.
JV Game | Batesville 1 – South Dearborn 0The JV girls soccer team kicked off their season last night against the South Dearborn Lady Knights. It was a hard fought game on the bumpy terrain, but the girls persevered. The Knights had many opportunities in the first half but Olive Cerniglia shut them down. Heading into half time with a score of 0-0 the Bulldogs knew they needed to make a move. Passes started to connect and touches began to improve in the second half. Ashley Nobbe scored the lone goal of the match off an upper 90 penalty kick. The JV girls celebrated their first win with a score of 1-0.Varsity Game | Batesville 2 – South Dearborn 1The Batesville Lady Bulldogs moved to 3-0 in the EIAC and 4-0 on the season after posting a 2-1 victory over the host South Dearborn Lady Knights on Tuesday evening. The first half was a hard fought battle with Batesville outshooting the South Dearborn 10 – 2. However, it was the Lady Knights who went up 1-0 with 1 minute to play in the half on a counter-attack that got the Batesville defense on their heels and Erin Huber put her team on top. After conceding their first goal of the season, it was defender Ellie Cassidy who evened the score with :20 seconds on the clock in the first half. After a South Dearborn handball, it was Cassidy who took a perfectly placed free kick from 35 yards out that went past Holder in goal.‘After the excitement in the last minute of the half, both teams went into break having fought hard. As the second half began, Coach Laker looked for his team to finish their chances and keep fighting until the end against this scrappy Lady Knight team.. With 28 minutes to play, Batesville was able to score what proved to be the game-winning goal. After a deflection, the ball went to the right wing on Batesville’s attacking half. Ashlyn Czerniak worked hard to track it down and hit a nice cross into the box and Georgia Gratz was able to connect on the other end for her 9th goal of the season. Coach Laker commented on the game saying, “I am proud of the effort given by all my players tonight, but especially the way Ashlyn worked to get the loose ball and get that cross in during the second half. It is that kind of effort that will continue help us to win these tight matches!’ Bulldogs Coach Kyle Laker.Batesville is back in action on Thursday as they host the Seymour Lady Owls. The JV match will start at 5:30 PM with the Varsity game following.